If you’re craving fettuccine alfredo, try making this instead. It’s healthy, delicious, and has that creamy texture that your favourite pastas are served with. It’s also very simple.
Here are the ingredients:
- 5 zucchinis (spiralled and dried)
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1lb of shrimp (cooked)
Place the avocado, basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper into a food processor or a cup that’s conducive to using a hand blender. Squeeze all the lemon juice out of the half of the lemon. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Add the olive oil while continuing to blend.
Place the zucchini noodles into a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for about two minutes.
Toss all the ingredients together. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold!
Make 6 servings
- Calories 355
- Total fat 25.6g (saturated fat 4.5g, trans fat 0g)
- Cholesterol: 159mg
- Sodium 290mg
- Total Carb: 14.2g (dietary fibre 6.7g, sugars 3.5g)
- Protein 21.5g